4 ways your auto insurance can protect you while on vacation | Lifestyles

When planning a getaway, you are looking to relax and get away from the stresses of everyday life. The last thing you want to worry about is what happens if things go wrong during your trip. Fortunately, you can count on your auto and home insurance to protect you even when you’re away. Here are some ways your home and auto insurance protects you when you travel:

Although hitting the road is a great adventure, sometimes breakdowns happen. Your car insurance may provide you with emergency road service coverage, which may reimburse you for towing costs, fuel delivery, replacement parts and labor costs.

Avoid breakdowns by reading our tips to make sure your car is ready for the trip. https://www.countryfinancial.com/en/planning/common-topics/insurance-coverage/get-your-car-road-trip-ready.html

People also read…

2. Cover for others to drive your car

Sharing the duty of driving with others on a road trip? Rest assured, if you allow other licensed drivers to use your car, they are usually covered. This includes teenagers with a learner’s permit!

3. Rental Vehicle Coverage

When your rental company offers you insurance coverage, you probably won’t need it. Generally, your automobile policy should apply to the rental vehicle while you are driving in the United States (including your deductible).

Always read the contract carefully and ask the rental agent to explain anything to you if you are unsure.

Plus, you can add car rental and trip interruption coverage to your auto insurance to help if you have an accident away from home. With this protection, you can be reimbursed for a rental car if you have a covered claim, and if you have an accident more than 100 miles from home, you can also apply this coverage to travel expenses like transportation, l accommodation and meals. Spending limits vary by state, so talk to your insurance representative about the types of coverages where you live.

4. Coverage for Personal Effects and Damage in a Hotel or Rental Home

If you are robbed or accidentally cause damage while renting a vacation home or staying in a hotel, you have coverage for your personal property and liability coverage for situations you are legally responsible.

By Joe Bottini, COUNTRY Financial representative and insurance agent. For more information contact Joe at 314-822-0412 or joe.bottini@countryfinancial.com

This content was provided by a user of the site. If you think this content may be in violation of the Terms of Service, you can report it.

Log in to report