Crash on Silverado Trail Causes Serious Injury
A head-on collision near Calistoga in Napa Valley resulted in both drivers being taken to hospital, one of whom suffered serious injuries on March 23. The accident, according to California Highway Patrol (CHP)occurred along Silverado Trail near Clover Flat Road around 6:55 a.m. One of the drivers, a Sonoma resident Javier Torres, 22, was transported by ambulance with serious injuries to Providence Queen of the Valley Medical Center. The other driver, a resident of Napa Erik Kiser59, was also transported with moderate injuries to Queen.
The accident report indicates that Torres was in a Toyota Corolla when the vehicle crossed the center line for unknown reasons into the path of the Jeep Cherokee driven by Kiser. The impact of the accident caused the Jeep to suffer a to roll on the shoulder of the roadway. Torres had to be extracted from his vehicle by firefighters before he could be transported for medical treatment.
Compensation recovery following a frontal collision
A head-on collision often causes serious injuries. In the event of an accident caused by a negligent or reckless driver, you need a law firm that puts your needs above all else. We are dispatching investigators to inspect the accident site to establish fault. By collecting evidence to support your claim, including accident reconstruction, traffic camera footage, witness statements and the like, we can build a strong case.
Why does a frontal collision occur?
Head-on collisions can happen for a number of reasons, but the majority are due to another driver’s negligence. Reasons include:
- Speed: Those who accelerate through a bend run a higher risk of losing control of their vehicle and ending up in the opposite lane. This can lead to a frontal collision.
- Improper Passing: A driver passing someone approaching from the opposite direction even though the view ahead is blocked poses a serious risk.
- Wrong way driver: Taking the wrong on-ramp to a freeway or driving incorrectly on a one-way street can result in a head-on collision. A drunk or drugged person is more likely to commit these crimes.
- Drunk drivers: While intoxicated, your cognition and reflexes may be impaired, causing you to make risky maneuvers and make poor decisions that could result in a head-on collision or other serious accident.
- Distracted Drivers: Distracted driving includes answering a phone call, sending a text message, or conversing with a passenger. It only takes a few seconds to pass into the opposite lane after looking away.
- Tired drivers: Driver fatigue can seriously affect the ability to drive a vehicle safely. Exhaustion can have the same effect as impaired driving. The most common cause of fatigued driver crashes is drowsiness or closing the eyes momentarily to rest. In many cases, drivers don’t know they’re too tired to drive until it’s too late.
Accident lawyers are able to determine which driver(s) caused a traffic accident. Investigating to determine fault and gathering evidence to support a customer’s claim for compensationthey can recover the costs of their medical bills associated with the collision, their lost wages, and damages for their pain and suffering.
Napa Auto Accident Lawyer
I am Ed Smitha car accident attorney Napa. When you have been injured by a negligent driver, we can tell you if you can file a claim for compensation. For free and friendly advice from one of our lawyers, call us on (707) 564-1900 to have your case reviewed, get your questions answered, and find out about your options for recovering compensation. You can also contact us either at (800) 404-5400 or by sending us a online message.
We are proud to be part of the following groups:
Find out how our damage lawyers have helped others get the compensation they deserve for their accidental injuries at the following links:
:cd lo