Not everyone can get USAA, but many people can still get cheap car insurance in Washington through State Farm. Like USAA, State Farm has a financial strength rating of A++ with AM Best. The company is the largest in the country and offers a range of car insurance coverage options for drivers. State Farm also performed very well in JD Power’s Automobile Claims Satisfaction Study, but it performed poorly in the Insurance Purchase Study.
State Farm offers a few different apps that can help people save money on their auto insurance policies in Washington. Drive Safe & Save is State Farm’s usage-based program that can help drivers save up to 30% on their premiums. If you choose this option, your discount will be based on your driving skills, but your rates will not increase if you are found to be a poor driver. In other words, good drivers can save more, but bad drivers won’t be penalized.
Steer Clear is a driver education app available for people under 25. After taking integrated courses and logging driving hours, you can get up to 15% off your car insurance in Washington. In addition to these apps, State Farm also offers its standard mobile app that allows you to manage your account, request roadside assistance, and file claims.
With State Farm, you may be eligible for car insurance discounts such as:
- Accident free
- Driver training
- Vehicle security/passive restraint
- defensive driving course
- student at school
The State Farm student discount is particularly advantageous. Above-average students can get up to 25% off their car insurance premiums in Washington. Also, the reduction lasts after college until age 25.
To learn more about the auto insurance provider, check out our State Farm Insurance review. For a direct comparison of coverage between the two providers, check out our review of USAA vs State Farm.
Our research named Geico the best overall choice for car insurance in the country. For Washington auto insurance, Geico comes in third for affordable rates and comprehensive coverage. Here are some quick facts about Geico:
- Top ratings from the Better Business Bureau (A+) and AM Best (A++)
- Complete list of discounts
- Simple claims process
Geico customers can customize their policy with a variety of standard auto insurance coverages as well as options such as:
- DriveEasy: Geico’s usage-based safe driving program is designed to monitor safe driving habits through an app on your phone and save you money.
- Roadside assistance: Get towing, flat tire, lockout assistance and more if your car breaks down on the side of the road.
- Mechanical breakdown insurance: This warranty provides protection for certain auto parts that may fail.
- Rideshare Insurance: This coverage protects drivers who work for Lyft or Uber and covers passengers in the event of an accident.
Geico also offers strong discount opportunities for customers, such as affinity membership discounts that reward customers who belong to different alumni, academic, and professional organizations. There is also a customer loyalty program, which helps long-term customers save money.
Read more about coverage in our full Geico review.
If you’re a high-risk driver, like a driver in your 20s or someone with a history of DUIs or reckless driving, Progressive might be the best Washington auto insurance company for you.
Progressive offers competitive discounts and tools like Name Your Price® and the snapshot® safe driving program:
- Give me your price: When you get a quote online with Progressive, tell the Name Your Price tool how much you plan to spend on car insurance, and you’ll be matched with plans that fit your budget.
- Instant: Progressive’s usage-based safe driving program monitors driving habits via an app on your phone and calculates discounts accordingly.
Progressive also offers an accident forgiveness policy through its customer loyalty program. Immediately after purchasing a Progressive auto insurance policy, customers who have gone the last three years without filing a claim or committing a traffic violation receive Minor Accident Benefits which waives a first claim causing less than $500 damage. Serious Accident Indulgence is available to customers who have been with Progressive for at least five years.
Read our progressive insurance review to learn more about what the company offers.
Allstate has average ratings among customers and an excellent reputation among industry experts. This provider might be the right choice for drivers looking for car insurance in Washington.
In addition to having a solid reputation, Allstate offers standard insurance as well as the following coverages:
- Carpooling insurance
- Classic car insurance for vintage vehicles, custom builds and hot rods
- Mexico travel insurance
- Custom parts and equipment coverage
Learn more about coverage in our Allstate Insurance Review.